Job Position: Storage & Backup Engineer
Reports to: Back Office Manager
Supervises: Storage & Backup Team Lead
• Assist with the design and maintenance of CUSTOMER’s data storage systems organization-wide.
• Assist in the implementation of the IT division’s policies and procedures.
• Assist in the implementation of approved policies and procedures for data storage management and systems.
• Participate in the sizing, designing, building, and delivering data storage system platforms.
• Provide input in the development of information management lifecycle to achieve optimal mix of online, near online and offline data storage and quick user accessibility to the Storage Area Network and stored data.
• Assist in the development of a proactive maintenance cycle for data storage systems and automate preventive/routine maintenance on data storage systems with detailed scheduled maintenance reports.
• Maintain and update data storage systems.
• Perform data backup and ensure that backed-up data can be restored as required.
• Monitor data storage system performance and recommend adjustments to system parameters to ensure optimum performance and response time.
• Ensure optimization of system logs on the data storage systems and proactively advise on capacity issues.
• Keep system documentation updated at all times.
• Assist users in defining their storage needs.
• Automate storage interfaces and manual activities to improve user-independence and reduce system downtime.
• Assist in gathering requirements for additional storage requirements and provide support in the design and documentation of functional specifications for upgrades and expansions.
• Liaise with User Support team to ensure data storage incidents are resolved efficiently and in a timely manner in compliance with Service Level Agreements.
• Escalate incidents to third party vendors as required.
• Assist to manage vendors providing services to the end user support function and ensure that agreed SLAs are achieved.
• Liaise with relevant unit/ team/function in carrying out all relevant activities.
• Attend team/divisional/departmental meetings as required.
• Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Manager, IT Operations Support.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the Manager, IT Operations Support.
• Must have the working experience with Hitachi, HP and Huawei Ocean Store storages.
• Must have the working experience with NetBackup, OSB and DPM backup solutions.
• First degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
• Relevant certifications in relation to the job shall be of an advantage
• Minimum of three (3) years relevant work experience.
How to Apply
Send CV and Academic Documents to; [email protected]