Infinity Computers and Communications Company LTD (i3C) is looking for a self motivated person to join our team as an Infrastructure Engineer to be the technical lead in an innovative work environment.
This job role involves planning and coordination of the work of a dynamic team of very creative people working on cutting edge technologies of the Internet.
The technical lead has to be a team player with a flexible mindset as one will be expected to work on project on internal company systems as well as on external assignments for clients sometimes in a multicultural environments outside of Uganda.
The lead should be able to identify and deploy network gear, and to have a solid understanding of connectivity, routing, switches, security configurations and operations of an interconnected infrastructure of devices and systems deployed on the global Internet.
One has to be a self-starter who can lead by example and approach technical problems with creative solutions to support the business development team, and here below is a list of responsibilities and skill of the person we’re looking for in this job role.
- Evaluate technologies and designs in relation to the critical infrastructure and service needs for external customers
- Implement solutions that support customer visions and objectives
- Define and implement best practices for network and capacity management
- Identify areas of opportunity for automation and network optimization
- Routinely perform proof of concepts and service trials while documenting system integration
- Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to make certain network capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- Plan, acquire, and coordinate installation of in-house and remote hardware and software across the i3c’s network.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of servers, including e-mail, print, and backup servers, and their associated operating systems and software.
- Manage and ensure optimal operation of all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, UPSs, and so on.
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of security solutions, including firewalls, anti-virus solutions, and intrusion detection systems.
- Test network and server performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining network infrastructure.
- Maintain operational excellence of network system and components to exceed customer expectations
- Knowledge and Experience with IPv4, IPv6, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, HSRP, QoS, STP/RSTP, 802.1Q
- Knowledge and Experience with TCP/IP MPLS/BGP/OSPF/VPLS, Layer 2 switches and routers
- An understanding of VPN Implementation and be able to troubleshoot around Internet tunnels
- Strong practical knowledge with routers and switches, routing protocols – RIP, EIGRP, BGP, and OSPF, and the domain name system (DNS), proxy technologies etc ..
- Strong knowledge of internetworking designs that include IP subnets and complex routing techniques on LAN/WAN networks, and their security implications
- Comfort with the unix/linux operating environment
- Should have good interpersonal skills in presentation, be analytical and have the ability to simplify technical jargon in customer friendly language
- Proven capability to handle network hardware such as cisco routers, ethernet switches, load balancers, firewalls, wireless devices, and the implied protocols implemented in these devices as DNS, DHCP etc.
- Work experience with IP technologies such as Netflow, TCP and UDP signaling, IS-IS, OSPFv2, OSPFv3, iBGP, eBGP, MPLS Layer 3 VPNs, Pseudowire, and ethernet switching
- Be able to plugin and adapt in the maintenance and support current and future network operations, and handle traffic flow Analysis, QoS/VoIP/audio-video traffic etc ..
- Knowledge of troubleshooting of IP networks, and the ability to think critically in a high pressure work environment, and be confident at the job.
- An understanding of enterprise networks- multicast, Layer 2, Cisco IOS(s), IP routing [BGP, ISIS, OSPF, and EIGRP], HSRP and physical layer issues (Ethernet, Optical, TDM))
- Knowledge of VoIP Telephony, familiarity with work with the SIP protocol and its associated devices, and also be ready to explore and under the various Open Source PaBX Systems such as Elastic/Issabel or FreePBX, CRM systems, and a whole lot of Unified Communication Systems – both proprietary (Cisco, AVAYA – Alicatel, and such similar vendor offers, and those available as open source distributions.
Send your CV to [email protected]