Duty Station – Kampala, Uganda
- Implements the configuration management policy and standards.
- Evaluates existing configuration management systems.
- Agrees scope of the configuration management processes, function, the items that are to be controlled, and the information that is to be recorded.
- Develops, maintain and implements configuration, capacity & availability management standards, plans and procedures and their implementation.
- Ensures that changes to the configuration management methods and processes are properly approved and communicated.
- Manages the evaluation of configuration management and day-to-day capacity and availability requirements of services. Ensures customer requirements are correctly translated into realistic capacity and availability goals.
- Provides and measures, reports and reviews current Configuration, capacity and availability performance of services and components in the IT environment.
- Undertakes capacity and availability modeling to help select appropriate countermeasures, assesses the impact of future changes, and identifies potential improvements.
- Responds to capacity-related threshold events and instigate corrective actions.
- Addresses specific performance issues that are related to IT capacity & pre-empt performance issues by taking necessary actions.
- Assists with diagnosis and resolution of capacity and availability related critical incidents and problems.
- Agrees CIs to be uniquely identified with naming conventions.
- Ensures that staff comply with identification standards.
- Proposes/agrees interfaces with change management, problem management, network management, release management, computer operations, logistics, finance and administration functions.
- Plans population of the CMS; manages CMS, central libraries, tools, common codes and data; ensures regular housekeeping of the CMS.
- First degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant work experience.
- Excellent communication, teamwork and multi-tasking skills with ability to learn quickly.
- Effective leadership skills with ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent Knowledge and hands on experience in telecom industry is as added advantage.
Positions – one
How to apply
Send your CV to [email protected]