Assist in the design, planning, implementation and optimization of all enterprise databases.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the definition of database architecture and design specifications.
- Work with IT vendors to install, configure, maintain, and upgrade enterprise database systems and related applications.
- Provide support in functionality and acceptance testing during the implementation of enterprise database systems.
- Ensure optimal performance of the organization’s databases;
- Regularly monitor and reconcile the performance of the databases to pre-defined performance thresholds and take appropriate actions where required
- Implement established policies and procedures on database management
- Maintain database security and data integrity through the use of access codes and efficient password system.
- Storage and capacity planning by monitoring the growth trends and predictions about the future.
- Troubleshooting when things do go wrong with the database server.
- Perform regular data backup, and validate integrity of data backup.
- Perform database automation and script writing.
- Investigate and resolve incidents/ requests relating to enterprise databases, and escalate irresolvable faults/ issues to relevant vendors/ suppliers where appropriate.
- Provide support in operating systems trouble shooting.
- Ensure availability of accurate documentation of standards, guidelines and procedures for effectively managing and maintaining the databases.
- Liaise with relevant unit/ team/function in carrying out all relevant activities.
- Attend team/divisional/departmental meetings as required.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Manager, IT Operations Support.
- Engage in knowledge development and identification of improved and efficient methods running some database tasks.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Manager, IT Operations Support.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- First degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant work experience.
- Excellent Knowledge and hands on experience with Oracle, MS-SQL platforms.
- Relevant Professional Qualifications and Certifications will be added advantage.
How to Apply
Send CV and Academic Documents to; [email protected]